At this time (as of January 31, 2017) we are not able to accept any new family practice patients. Once we have recruited more physicians, we will once again, take on more patients. Patients have the option to be seen on a Walk In basis from 8:30 to 10:30 specifically, or throughout the day on a First Come – First Served Basis. We also offer Same Day Appointments after 10:30 a.m. Monday to Friday. Patients, both local and visiting are welcome 7 days a week without appointments. Our doctors provide primary care including everything from medical examinations (pap smears, full physicals, drivers, etc.) to minor surgical procedures (including suturing, and “lump” removal). The clinic offers a very convenient indoor mall location with free, unlimited parking, wheel chair access and two pharmacies.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK & STATUTORY HOLIDAYS
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Stat Holidays: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (with the exception of Christmas Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday)
• Most Visits are covered by your Care Card.
• The clinic is open to all patients, local or otherwise
• Patients attached to our Family Practice are now able to phone in to book appointments. NOTE: A $50 No Show Fee will be charged for missed appointments without 24 hrs notice.
• For Same Day Booked Appointments, we ask that if you are unable to make that appointment, you call to remove yourself from the schedule so we can book other patients in. Repeatedly missed Same Day Appointments, without notice, will be subject to a $50 No Show Charge.
• We are situated right next to Walmart, in the Chahko-Mika Mall, by the lakefront, in Nelson
What services are covered? Coverage is as per any Doctor’s office in B.C. i.e. Medical Services Plan applies to all covered services. Medical Advice cannot be offered directly over the internet. Please make sure to bring your care card, otherwise credit, debit card or cash hold-over has to be taken.
How long will I have to wait? It is always faster if you do not request a specific physician. Please feel free to inquire at the desk for approximate wait times and about same day or later in the same week booked appointments. Leave your cell phone number with the receptionist, who will be more than happy to call you closer to when the doctor is able to see you.
What should I do if my case seems too serious for your clinic? In an emergency case, or if unable to contact a clinic doctor, please proceed to the Kootenay Lake Hospital Emergency Department. Please consider calling first if you are uncertain as to whether a given emergency or suturing job can be dealt with in our clinic. We have had patients remove themselves from the wait at Emergency at the hospital, only to find we could not deal with the complexity of the case at our clinic. Obvious fractured bones are best dealt with directly at the hospital, as well as more serious burns and chest pains.
I am from the US can I get prescription refills? Yes, if you need prescription refills there is an office visit fee of $125 Canadian and the doctor will see you and assess the recommended prescription from your Family Doctor.